The Wisconsin Bakers Association (WBA) established this scholarship fund to support and encourage people who have demonstrated a passion for a profession in the baking/pastry arts field. A $1,000 scholarship is awarded to the applicant who can best demonstrate this career commitment. The WBA awarded the first Robert W. Hiller Scholarship during its 100-year anniversary celebration on Sept.18, 2005.
The Robert W. Hiller Scholarship Fund was established on Nov. 5, 2000, by the members of the WBA in honor of Robert (Bob) and Sandy Hiller’s lifelong commitment to the Retail Baking Industry. The program intends to provide a financial resource for the education of students who will be the future of the Baking Industry.
Deadline to Apply - June 30, 2021
Minimum qualifications for the Robert W. Hiller scholarship are:
- Applicants must have a minimum high school (or equivalent) degree. Graduating high school seniors encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.85 on a 4.0 scale (may be waived for first -time returning adult students).
- Applicants MUST BE pursuing a CERTIFICATE or DEGREE (Master’s, Doctorate, Associate, Bachelor’s or diploma) in a baking/pastry arts-related field that prepares candidates for a retail baking profession.
- Applicants must submit a recommendation from either an employer or academic advisor/instructor.
- The applicant must submit a completed application by the deadline. No late applications will be accepted.
- The applicant must submit school transcripts.
- The applicant must submit a written or video essay detailing why he/she is passionate about a profession in the baking/ pastry arts field and what they have done to demonstrate and develop that passion. The essay should include their goals for the future.
- Candidates will be subject to a zoom interview to determine the recipient of the scholarship.