Wisconsin’s Top Cupcake
Rules & Information
If your cupcakes are rich, decadent, and the ultimate in cupcake indulgence, this contest is for you!
In Wisconsin’s Top Cupcake, each cupcake entry will be professionally judged individually on a points-based system and will have an opportunity to be awarded a Gold, Silver, or Bronze level award. The cupcake with the highest score overall will be declared Wisconsin’s Top Cupcake!
All competitors must either represent a licensed food service facility (bakeries, cafes, grocery-stores, restaurants) or be a college student currently enrolled in a Baking & Pastry Arts program. Competitors will need to provide cupcake samples for judging. Judging will be based on taste as well as presentation. A short description of each cupcake entry will be expected.
Registration & Entry Fees:
The early registration deadline for all of the competitions is Friday, February 14, 2020. The standard registration deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020. All entries must be registered in advance.
Early registration allows WBA Members to take advantage of the lowest entry fees - starting at $30!
To register for this year's competitions, please click here to return to the main competition page.
- Wisconsin’s Top Cupcake is open to students (up to one year of experience), beginners (up to 2 years’ experience), and professionals (2+ years’ experience).
- You are allowed to submit multiple entries (up to 3 total per competitor). Each entry is judged individually. Please note that each entry submitted is considered one entry. If submitting multiple entries, entry fees apply for each entry.
- Each entry must include 6 cupcakes for display plus one additional cupcake for judging (7 total).
- The cupcakes will be judged based on taste as well as appearance.
- All ingredients and decorations must be edible.
- For safety reasons, cupcakes requiring refrigeration may not be entered.
- Competitors are responsible for bringing a plate, platter, or cake stand to display cupcakes during the competition. The piece used to display the cupcakes will not be factored into the judging. WBA will provide a paper plate for any competitor that doesn’t wish to bring their own.
- Judging to be held at the Pastry Studio at the Midwest Foodservice Expo on Monday, March 9th.
- Business cards or bakery logos may be placed on display following completion of judging.
- Cupcake entries may be set up Monday, March 9th between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM. Any cookie entries delivered after 9:45 AM will not be judged, but placed for display purposes only. All entries must be completed with final set up by 9:45 AM.
- Please include a short description of each cupcake entry.
- All work will be done in a professional manner.
- Cupcakes may not be removed until 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 11, 2020. Anything left after 9 p.m. will be disposed of. We are not responsible to return items to competitors! No exceptions.
Judging & Awards:
- Judging for Wisconsin’s Top Cupcake will be held at the Midwest Foodservice Expo on Monday, March 9th by a team of qualified judges selected by the Wisconsin Bakers Association.
- The judges will complete a comment sheet for each entry; copies of those sheets will be sent to each entrant within 10 days following the completion of the Midwest Foodservice Expo via your pre-registered e-mail address.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners will be announced at the WBA Awards & Appetizers Networking Evening on Monday, March 9th.
- All cupcake entries will be judged professionally.
- Awards may include Honorable Mention, Bronze, Silver, & Gold Medals, and Wisconsin’s Top Cupcake Trophy.
Wisconsin’s Top Cupcake is held in conjunction with the Midwest Foodservice Expo and is presented in partnership between the Wisconsin Bakers Association (WBA) and the Wisconsin Restaurant Association (WRA). By entering the competition, the contestant fully releases all rights to photos, publication and other sources of media for all work produced exclusively for, during and in the complete time frame of the event. Contestant is subject to all registration fees, applicable taxes, and all other related expenses on behalf of him/her entering the above competition. Contestant agrees to abide by all rules set forth by the WBA for this competition. Contestant understands that the WBA, WRA, or any sponsors assume no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to displays or personal items at the Midwest Foodsservice Expo and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the WBA, WRA, and all sponsors from and against all claims, demands, costs, loss, damage, expense, attorney’s fees and liabilities growing out of, or arising from, caused or occasioned by his/her activities in the competition. Competition entry fees are non-refundable. All judges’ decisions are final.
Do you have any questions about Wisconsin’s Top Cupcake?
Contact us by email at email@example.com or call (414) 258-5552 for more information!