Baker's Best Kringle Contest
Rules & Information
Rich, full flavored goodness with the right blend of fruit, nuts, or other ingredients that make your Kringle the very best in Wisconsin. Baked to ultimate perfection, nothing could be better!
If your Kringle is the best, put it to the test!
Professional bakers are invited to compete in the Baker’s Best Kringle Contest at the 2020 Midwest Foodservice Expo!
In this year’s contest, professional judges will determine the BAKER’S BEST KRINGLE! Judging will be based on taste as well as presentation. A short description of the kringle will be expected.
Registration & Entry Fees:
The early registration deadline for all of the competitions is Friday, February 14, 2020. The standard registration deadline is Friday, February 28, 2020. All entries must be registered in advance.
Early registration allows WBA Members to take advantage of the lowest entry fees - starting at $30!
To register for this year's competitions, please click here to return to the main competition page.
- The Baker’s Best Kringle Contest is open to professionals (2+ years of experience) from a licensed and inspected food service facility (bakeries, cafes, grocery-stores, restaurants).
- Select your very best kringle to enter in the Baker’s Best Kringle Contest! Multiple entries (3 total per bakery) are allowed.
- Judging to be held at the Pastry Studio at the Midwest Foodservice Expo on Monday, March 9th. Kringle entries may be set up Monday, March 9th between 7:30 AM and 9:30 AM. All entries must be completed with final set up by 9:45 AM. Any kringle entries delivered after 9:45 AM will not be judged, but placed for display purposes only.
- Each competitor must provide Two Full-Sized Kringles, one for display as it would be sold at your bakery. The other will be be for judging for professional tasting.
- Competitors are responsible for bringing a plate, platter, or board to display kringle during the competition. The piece used to display the kringle will not be factored into the judging.
- Business cards or bakery logos may be placed on display following completion of judging.
- Please include a short description of each kringle entry.
- Industry professionals will judge each entry based on standards of the product, taste, presentation, and saleability.
- All work will be done in a professional manner.
- All kringle ingredients must be edible.
- Kringle displays may not be removed until 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 11, 2020. Anything left after 9 p.m. will be disposed of. We are not responsible to return items to competitors! No exceptions.
Judging & Awards:
- Judging for the Baker’s Best Kringle Contest will be held at the Midwest Foodservice Expo on Monday, March 9th by a team of qualified judges selected by the Wisconsin Bakers Association.
- The judges will complete a comment sheet for each entry; copies of those sheets will be sent to each entrant within 10 days following the completion of the Midwest Foodservice Expo via your pre-registered e-mail address.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners will be announced at the WBA Awards & Appetizers Networking Evening on Monday, March 9th.
- All kringle entries will be judged professionally.
- Awards may include Honorable Mention, Bronze, Silver, & Gold Medals, Baker’s Best Kringle award. The Baker’s Best Kringle award will be determined by the scores from professional judging.
The Baker's Best Kringle Contest is held in conjunction with the Midwest Foodservice Expo and is presented in partnership between the Wisconsin Bakers Association (WBA) and the Wisconsin Restaurant Association (WRA). By entering the competition, the contestant fully releases all rights to photos, publication and other sources of media for all work produced exclusively for, during and in the complete time frame of the event. Contestant is subject to all registration fees, applicable taxes, and all other related expenses on behalf of him/her entering the above competition. Contestant agrees to abide by all rules set forth by the WBA for this competition. Contestant understands that the WBA, WRA, or any sponsors assume no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to displays or personal items at the Midwest Foodsservice Expo and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the WBA, WRA, and all sponsors from and against all claims, demands, costs, loss, damage, expense, attorney’s fees and liabilities growing out of, or arising from, caused or occasioned by his/her activities in the competition. Competition entry fees are non-refundable. All judges’ decisions are final.
Do you have any questions about the Baker's Best Kringle Contest?
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 258-5552 for more information!